I hope you enjoy my exciting year at the University of Ottawa :)

Friday, 7 September 2012

It's Been Less Than a Week?

Dear Reader,

I have been living the Ottawa life for only 6 days! To me it feels like months. It's hard to wrap my head around how I'll be here for the most part till April...hopefully time eventually begins to fly by.

Tomorrow, thank god, is our last day of Frosh! Tonight was an event where EVERY faculty participated in. Or should I say, partied in. There's like 30 thousand undergrad students and it felt like 30 thousand went to this event in Quebec. This place we all went to was SO full of people that you could not move a millimetre with out getting shoved or having some sort of alcoholic drink spilled on you. Me and my girlfriends kept giving each other looks like, really? This is supposed to be fun? Eventually my friends ended up together with Zac and his friends and that part was fun. But of course the fun could not last and it started to rain really hard. So all of the gazillions of people outside came racing inside making it seem like people had to climb on top of other people just to get in.

This weekend I will be reading boring textbooks and eating boring food. (I already miss Mommie's famous meat pie.)

Hope everyone is doing awesome,
Miss you all <3,
Janice

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the capital is treating you well!
    Haha, almost spelled it like The Capitol and imagined you dying your hair powder blue and getting into the purple lipstick...

    I'm sure time will fly by as soon as things really start up. I think your mindset is like mine - a little bit overwhelmed, but as soon as we get into a routine again it'll feel less like a crazy dream : ) And as soon as you get into a decent-sized lecture hall and not crammed into a few mm of air... and no one's setting any bars on fire haha

    All the sort of tight-breathed craziness aside, life in Guelph is awesome, and we all miss our big city gal over there : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much Rachael :)
    Hahaha no fortunately I'm not living the Hunger Games life! Yes, I surely do hope so. I can't wait till Thanksgiving; EDHS is going to feel so strange to me. Soon high school will be the crazy dream and university will be the reality. Ah my gosh, my lectures are massive! I meet so many kids who apparently have the same classes as me but I doubt I'll ever actually see them in class :o bars on fire? Waaah? ;) Heheh.
    I miss you all in Guelph, and I'm glad our home city is treating you well as well :) I hope you've enjoyed the wonders of the new H&M and I hope you are loving your classes!
    See you soon but not soon enough! <3
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is such an adventure... I am so proud of you all... the leaders of tomorrow!

    Love Mommie

    ReplyDelete