Bonjour,
I wish I could put a recorder by my tightly shut window and have it play for you the past 24hr period. The past 24hr period is not an unusual one, but it happens to be the time where I have given up on trying to sleep without earplugs. The city is a noisy place naturally, but my room happens to be extremely close to a construction site. Well technically it seems to be far away, I can't even locate it with all the tall buildings around, but it sounds like it's right outside my window and every morning I'm woken up to the sound of hammering and chain saw noises. It seems to echo across the city. Same with ambulances and sirens. Oh my god, I honestly want to walk around with ear muffs everyday.
Also, it's freezing cold already. Well not freezing, but it seems like it because of the contrast of how for days before it was SO humid and hot. Then on Saturday we had a major thunderstorm that cooled everything off. It's sad how I only got to wear my summer clothes for just a week. But the 1st year boys here haven't seemed to gain any smarts from high school; they still wear shorts and a tee when everyone else is wearing pants and a sweater. It makes you wonder...
I hope everything back at home/cottage for everyone is going well :) I have just two classes today, Social Context of Business and then Mathematical Methods with Changlong Zhong.
Love,
Janice
My guess is that you will get use to the sounds but compared to the farm or cottage it must be very unsettling!
ReplyDeleteHave a good day
Love
Mommie