Bonjour,
You may know times have been difficult. Reading some of these endless chapters make me want to throw the textbooks out the window...but they cost too much, and the drop would probably hurt one of the noisy construction workers below. Oops.
I did enjoy some time today spent with my 13th floor :) there are a few friendly faces I'm getting to know. But as my wise mother said on the phone today, I am not to worry about making friends...and I no longer am! I have all the time in the world (4 years) so there's no need to rush or stress about it. Especially since I'm so tired I wouldn't be a fun person to be around anyways. So I think for now I will focus on eating well, sleeping well, doing well in class, getting comfortable in my environment and then I will see who might want to go shopping and be best girlfriends or something like that.
I think Zac is drinking on his floor tonight. (Hey Zac!...I don't think you actually read my blog but that's okay :)). He's having a good time and his 13th floor is pretty awesome. He's also doing really well in school and he's trying really hard. Unsurprisingly he's been his usual charming self with the TAs (his logic is to spend your time on them and not the profs because they're the ones who actually mark your papers) and plans on going to all their office hours. I witnessed this at our first philosophy class when right away after class was dismissed he was like, "Well! I'm off to go talk to Tiffany [the TA]..." and he was off talking to the TA cracking jokes, I assume, as she was already laughing and what not. I would do the same but...I have bad luck with teachers and TAs and all of mine, besides Tiffany, are not english.
In my first discussion group math class today, which are held by TAs, I was taught by another non-english speaker. Math is actually kind of a joke right now. The review has been so intensely boring I find myself dozing off, which I never ever do normally. I've been taught in the past two weeks what the x-axis is, what the y-axis is, how to "gwaph" (Changlong Zhong says "graph" like "gwaph", I'm not making fun I actually think it's really cute) a function, how to solve inequalities, and the list goes on for very simple things I feel like we learned in grade nine.
Want some high school-like gossip? My Microeconomics professor is a criminal apparently. I googled him and this is what I found: http://caiti-online.blogspot.ca/2007/06/incriminating-serge-nadeau-sighting.html (check it out).
Mommie also asked me to take some photos, and I assume she meant of my philosophy teacher with the funny hair cut. I found a picture online, but unfortunately it must not be very recent...
Just imagine that the whole left side of her head shaved and the right side just as it is in the photo. Yeah, she's pretty cool and hip.
I love and miss everyone!
Unfortunately I feel myself coming down with a cold...oh dear...
Love,
Janice
P.S. Zac and I had our 10 months yesterday and he gave me a rose :) so now I have a beautiful flower to brighten up my room even more!

Hello Sweetie
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are getting your act together. And that Zac is being Zac the charmer. Good for him as it never hurts and Daddy has done well with charm. Does not replace substance but can add to it.
Enjoy
Love Mommie
Thanks Mommie :) I think it definitely adds to it!
ReplyDelete