Hello missed ones,
I find myself making a lot of Harry Potter references and noticing a lot of similarities between my experience here at the University of Ottawa and Harry's experience at Hogwarts. Why may you ask? I will make a list for you...
University of Ottawa Professors:
- Professor Apostovola of Philosophy...if you look at her from the right side you may think, "Oh what nice hair she has." However if you look at her from the left side you may be shocked to think, "Where did her hair go?" You can probably conclude from these statements that if you were to look at her from front, you would see an interesting hair style (half of her head was completely shaved while the other half was untouched). She was also rocking a shirt that said, "I like your vibe." The whole time that she was talking to the class I expected her to be like, "You have the grim m'dear!" Just like that freaky professor from that class in Harry Potter who could see the future from tea leaf readings. Mommie thinks philosophers are crazy, and trust me, they are.
- Professor Pierre Martel of Social Context of Business...he is Snape's twin. You may not have known Snape had a twin, but I have found him.
- Professor Changlong Zhong of Math...it's a magical (heh) miracle that he got a job teaching in English.
The Thompson Janitor:
- Name Unknown...I think he hates his life. The only difference between him and Mr. Finch is that you can't have pets in residence, including cats. However, there is a boy (who I thought was on my floor but yesterday at the floor meeting I discovered he wasn't and he just likes our floor better) who has the lovely last name Norris. Every time someone says, "Greg Norris!" I want to giggle and be, "Like Mr. Finch's cat Mrs. Norris?" But I haven't...
Thompson Rules:
- You can't carry glass in the hallways. Just like you can't wander the hallways at night in Hogwarts. I'm just picking at straws now.
I'm starting to get into the swing of things :) I'm going to the first football game on Saturday and I'm very excited!
Go Gee-Gees! (Fun Fact: "Gee-Gees" came from before a name was created when people referred to the team as "G.G" which stood for the two team colours garnet and grey. G.G stuck and the Gee-Gees was created! The term Gee-Gee is also the term used for the first horse out of the gate at horse races.)
Love,
Janice
Hogwarts... sure sounds like it! I wonder who the muggles are? You must save these blogs and publish them... perhaps you should take some candid photos to support the narrative?
ReplyDeleteLove you so much!
Mommmie